Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Day 13

I think I know why my fettucine alfredo dish didn't turn out how I expected. I saw a lot of recipes with cashews in it. I think that would have tasted better than walnuts (although I think walnuts are probably better for you!). I will try a cashew recipe another time. Today my mom and I got a bit experimental because we had some veggies that would go bad if we didn't use them today. SO we made our own recipes! I made a cucumber-tomato soup, which was very easy to make and surprisingly filling:

4 small cucumbers
4 cherry tomatoes, one regular sized tomato (using what we had here lol)
a cup of water
a teaspoon of nutritional yeast
2 tablespoons flaxseeds
a handful of fresh oregano
a handful of fresh basil
2 handfuls of sprouts
1 tablespoon of dill
couple of dashes of cayenne
1 teaspoon of himalayan salt
**Can also add avocado's if you have them for a creamier consistency.
*Mix in blender cucumbers, tomatoes, and water. Add the rest a little bit at time, to taste.


Man, did I ever feel good after that soup! I think this is probably a good ddetox/cleansing soup. I heated it up a bit on the stove, keeping the temp. low.


My mom made a squash soup-not sure exactly what she added, but I know she put in some nutmeg in it, and it was really good. My mom was going to cook it, but didn't want to spend the time so I said, just make it raw!

Raw soups are one of my favorite recipes-quick, and better than canned soup! I also like it on cold, gloomy Michigan days like today!


I had some figs too today. So good! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment